Saturday, March 12, 2022

Am I the Only One by Liz Flaherty

On blogs I write for, I occasionally make the post a list. I do this in part because I can't think of anything to write and in part because I have all these miniature thoughts that don't have enough to go with them to make a column of their own. So here's my list for the week. It's called Am I the Only One and I encourage you to add to it. 

Here we go: 
  • Am I the only one who thinks a middle-of-March snow without any wind in it is pretty? 
  • Am I the only one who takes fair-weather-exercise to the extreme? As in, I decide what's fair weather, not the actual...you know...weather. 
  • Am I the only one who thinks woodpeckers are cool?
  • Does anyone else hate those bugs that look like ladybugs but aren't?
  • Does anyone really like Daylight Savings Time?
  • Surely I'm not the only one who thinks kids should read whatever they like and learn the truth about history but should watch their language and maybe clean it up some. 
  • Speaking of kids, am I the only one who thinks the phrases when I was your age and those damn kids should be abolished from the English language? Or any other language.
  • Does anyone else love blue cars? I've had two in a row, which I never wanted even a single minute I was growing up, and I just love them.
  • Am I the only one who loves being alone? Unless I have to be, and then I don't like it at all.
  • Am I the only person in the world who doesn't like being either scared or deafened by entertainment I have chosen to see? This question isn't really what it looks like, is it? Why did I choose to go see or hear something I knew I probably wasn't going to like? So, here's the other part--am I the only one willing to smile, say goodbye to anyone I'm with, and get into my car with my quiet, unscary audio-book and go home?
If I continued this, I'd have a lot of questions about choosing, so I'll stop here. I'm sure that big sigh I just heard was the wind and not relief, right? Wishing everyone a great week. Stay well, laugh a lot, and be nice to somebody. 

~*~
Tonight at Gallery 15 in Peru...



Available now...




6 comments:

  1. I'm with you especially on No. 9! As for "When i was your age..." I uttered this to my grandson recently and wanted to smack myself in the mouth! LOL. Gotta watch that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I hate to admit it, but I've said it, too.

      Delete
  2. I actually love daylight savings time. I don't are about the morning but I hate coming out of work in the dark. But I'm with you on loving being alone and never saying "when I was your age."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I don't care at all what time we're on, only that we change times and screw up people's lives twice a year to please what I am sure is a distinct minority of citizens. Thanks for coming by, Hannah!

      Delete