Thursday, November 23, 2023

We Gather Together... by Liz Flaherty


Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you and yours have the best of holidays.

I've given myself an ear worm this morning, so the least I can do is share it. The first verse of my favorite hymn of this week. 

We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing;

He chastens and hastens His will to make known;

the wicked oppressing now cease from distressing.

Sing praises to His name, He forgets not His own.

Tomorrow begins the second annual Window Holidays, when a new guest appears like magic--yeah, right--at the Window Over the Sink every morning at 2:00. I hope you visit us with your coffee each day and make the bloggers welcome with comments and shares. 

For local readers, or those interested in a road trip, nine Indiana authors will be selling and signing books at Whyte Horse Winery and Bistro on December 2 from 2-4 PM. Take a Christmas-shopping break and join us for a while. There will be a giveaway (must be present to win) and I guarantee at least nine of us will be up for some conversation. 


Have a great week. Eat well. Be nice to somebody. 



2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm looking forward to being one of your guest posters in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it, too. Window Holidays is one of my favorite things about this time of year!

      Delete