Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Talk Wordy to Me by Laura Hunsaker

Laura Hunsaker wrote this post for another blog we're both part of. Virtually all writers feel about libraries the way she does, but she said it better than most, so I asked begged her to let me use this. Find Laura at http://www.laurahunsaker.com/

I'm in a book group on Facebook where we talk about "everything books." All genres, all questions, all formats, and especially photos of book hauls. Every now and then someone complains about people buying books and how they should use the library. It usually winds up with lots of wild popcorn-worthy comments. 

One thing that got me thinking though, is that I do go to the library. Often. I take my younger kiddos, and my eldest takes herself. We utilize the crafts they do, the classes they offer, the story time, the challenges, the read-alongs...literally anything the library offers, we are there for. Recently my youngest checked out a pre-loaded kindle. It was pretty amazing.

I've also noticed (about myself) that I prefer to own certain books. Certain books I like to borrow.  Often we borrow a book at the library and like it so much, we purchase it. So I like to think that as much as I support my local library, they also support us. We read so much in my house.  I couldn't afford my book habit if it weren't for the library. 

My library even has a few of my books listed in the local author section, which I find so incredibly cool. I've had book signings, given talks, and even met some amazing authors through my library.

So what about you? I realize not all places have the kind of access I do to an amazing and supportive library system, but if you do, do you utilize it? What's your library like? Are you far from one? Do you prefer to own the book, or are you like me, where you're sort of a mixed bag?  

~*~

Laura Hunsaker is an award-winning author who writes romance set in the Scottish Highlands, but with a twist. Somewhere in between Historical and Paranormal, she writes Scottish Time Travel Romance and Paranormal Romance. She's hard at work right now, writing adventures about protective men paired with strong women who knock them off their feet.

She is a hybrid author being both traditionally published and self-published, as well as a member of Romance Writers of America® Cactus Rose Chapter and the Celtic Hearts Romance Writers.

After earning degrees in English and German, with a specialty in British Literature, she taught for a few years. As of now, Laura has a full-time job day job, which leaves nights for traveling through the mists of Scotland.

 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for highlighting me :D
      I am so excited to share that my library is building a new location within 3 miles of my house! I'm just gonna live there from now on :) LOL

      Delete