Monday, October 24, 2022

Christmas House by LoRee Peery

Welcome, LoRee Peery, to the Window Over the Sink!

I'm adding LoRee's interview questions later, as we got a little lost in our translating! Thanks for your great answers, LoRee!

Thanks for coming today! If there’s anything you don’t care to answer, give it a skip.

1. What is your favorite thing about yourself? And your least favorite?

I smile easily, and often talk to strangers. I’ve been told others find that encouraging.
What I don’t like is too many times those old insecurities come forth. I need to
remind myself that I am unique, fearfully and wonderfully made, according to God’s blueprint.

2. Is there a particular line you won’t cross in writing, even to satisfy a trend
or—possibly—to make a story more compelling?

Cursing or sex on the page immediately come to mind. Mistakes happen in life
because authors humanize characters. Sometimes a baby is the result, but God
makes no mistakes, so unexpected pregnancy is not a mistake.

3. Is there someone you’d like to make proud of you with your writing, and do
you think you’ve done it?

Oh, my mom. I often wonder if from heaven, she knows what’s going on in my life. This Christmas novella will be my 25th release. I’d love to hear her comments on my writing.

4. What do you do on those days when you’re pretty sure the muse has died
and you’ll never again write a publishable word?

Thanks for the chuckle. Oh, we insecure writers. I take a walk or do something
tactile. Read, color, read, play solitaire, read, work a puzzle in the winter, read. Or if I’m working on a first draft, I’ll begin typing, “I don’t know what to write, I don’t know want to write. What is –character name—doing? What does she/he feel?" And then, I’m back into the story.

5. What would you want to be if you weren’t a writer?

I have an eye for photography. My digital camera gave way to my phone. But
knowing how to use a telephoto lens with settings and lightings, etc. to capture
nature, especially. I would love that.

6. Do you have any particular fan-girl moments you’d like to share? We’d love
to hear about them, especially if they were embarrassing and good for a
laugh!

Silly me. A few months after my first two releases, I received a letter from a stranger. My first thought when I saw the return address and only PO Box with my little town on the envelope, that it was fan mail. Good grief. It turned out to be a blessing I’ve written about more than once. The letter came from an unknown cousin exactly nine months older than me. He’d read something I wrote for a magazine. We were great friends for ten years, until he passed. But we will meet again.

7. Looking back, what do know now that you wish you’d known the first time
you opened a file and typed “Chapter One”?

How important it is to view the world through the character’s senses. What he or she sees, hears, smells, feels. I’ve been known to act out positions, go outdoors on a full-moon night to check shadows, investigate natural fragrances, touch things, stand in the trees with my eyes closed and listen. Kind of weird, I know.

8. What was a best day of your life? A worst? (Feel free to skip this one—I know
it crosses the line into nosiness, but I’ve been fascinated by it ever since the first
time I saw City Slickers.)

Hmm, I watched that movie once, and don’t remember anything except how the guy couldn’t ride a horse. 
Also, I honestly don’t remember much about my wedding day. I do remember how I felt on the day of salvation. And thirty years ago, I sat in a little room outside a
birthing suite in Valdosta, Georgia, while my oldest daughter gave birth to my first
grandchild. I heard everything while I laughed silently, cried, thrust a fist into the air, and praised the Lord.
The worst day—receiving my brother’s call when he said our father had been
murdered.

9. Who are your heroes / heroines? Have they made a difference in your
writing?

My heroes and heroines are overcomers, be they fictional or real.

Thank you for the opportunity to visit your cyber home today, Liz. I hope your
readers enjoy the interview as much as me.
~*~

Pepper Rainwater has just bought the first real home she' s ever had, and she' s decorating and celebrating Christmas with everything she has. The neighbor' s miniature donkeys and meeting Foxx interrupt her life. Can she turn from all she' d been taught and trust strangers?
A startling discovery after his father' s death forces Foxx Haven to face an unknown past. His life has been a lie. He' s distracted from work for the first time— by his heritage and his new neighbor. Can he fight his attraction to an unbeliever and discover his new life chapter at the same time?
Miniature donkeys and learning about Christ have a profound impact on Pepper. But God has a mighty work to bring her hurting soul and Foxx' s new perspective into alignment. Can hope override hurting souls and enable a happily-ever-after?


Links: https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-House-Holiday-Extravaganza-ebook/dp/B0BDHDZZ82/ref

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/christmas-house-loree-peery/1142183046

https://pelicanbookgroup.com/ec/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_41&products_id=1593

Bio


Nebraska country girl LoRee Peery writes fiction that hopefully appeals to adult readers who enjoy stories written from a Christian perspective, focusing on the romance. These include novels and novellas for women and men in the Contemporary, Romance, Historical, Time Travel, and Mystery/Suspense categories. 
She writes of redeeming grace with a sense of place. Her Frivolities Series launched her releases, and the book based on her father’s unsolved homicide, Touches of Time, was a personal relief. She is who she is by the grace of God: Christian, country girl, wife, mother, grandmother and great-, sister, friend, and author.

Connect with LoRee: www.loreepeery.com
https://www.facebook.com/LoReePeery

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining me today, LoRee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your latest book, LoRee! It was a great read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on yet another wonderful Christmas book, LoRee!
    Good luck and God's blessings with it
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a delightful book, LoRee. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for hosting me, Liz. A couple of your questions made me think.
    And thanks for your comments, Pam and Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoRee here. I showed up as anonymous, thanking you all again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz and LoRee, this is Tanya Hanson. I love this story and actually want to visit these people, and pet those sweet donkeys. I also love how Foxx invites Pepper to follow the Lord but is patient and loving. I am eager to read the stories of Pink, Kitt, and their moms, too. Well-done, LoRee. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoRee, I so enjoyed the interview. I often think how proud my mother would have been about my writing, too. I absolutely loved The Christmas House. It is one of my favorite Christmas stories from this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LoRee here. Tanya, I still can't get over the beautiful review you wrote for my story. Thank you again. And Carol, bless you for qualifying the story as one of your favorites for 2022.
    Christmas for real will be here quicker than a donkey's bray.

    ReplyDelete