Saturday, December 11, 2021

Second Saturday by Liz Flaherty

I am sort-of taking the week off, but let me leave you with a few things...

The community concern that was addressed in the Window last week has been resolved satisfactorily. I am happy for the North Miami community, the Grant family, and especially for the kids who are reassured that their needs and their thoughts are important. 

Today is Second Saturday in Peru. Although the wagon rides have been canceled due to the high winds, I think other things are going on. Including shopping, music, and--always--good things to eat.

There is also music at the Miami County Artisan Gallery and I'm sure other places I have not seen. If you know of activities today in in the next days, please put them in the comments section. The week ahead is full of opportunities to listen, sing along, and offer support to people and businesses in the community. 

Speaking of music, there will be some in Logansport tonight, too, at Black Dog, Peoples Winery, and U Know Pizza, and I'm sure in other areas as well. 

Prayers go out to everyone all over the Midwest who were affected by the storm system that went through last night. The loss and damage are horrifying.

For myself, I am only a week behind with Christmas cards, don't have my tree up in my office, and am already started on my holiday weight gain. For those of you who are joining me in that last endeavor, see you on the Trails after Christmas.

I also signed a three-book contract with a new publisher this week, which made me embarrassingly happy, and below is the cover for my next book, Life Is Too Short for White Walls, which will be out sometime in the New Year. If you'd like an advance PDF reading copy in exchange for a review, get with me.


Thanks for stopping by. We'd love to hear any news you have to share. Stay safe and have a great week. Be nice to somebody. 




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the contract! How awesome! And yes, I will happily join you in the holiday weight gain effort--will do my part with Poppy and Grandboy's cookies and maybe some cranberry Christmas cake. ;-)

    ReplyDelete